Welcome to Homeschool By The Beach! I am so happy you are here! I hope you will join us as we explore learning with amazing books, fun hands on art projects, travel and adventures through our brand new home-state of Florida, and so much more!
You have decided to homeschool…YAY!! Now what? Where do you start? How will you know what to do, what to teach, or which curriculum to purchase?? How do you avoid going broke in the process…curriculum packages can be insanely expensive!!! What if *gulp* your kids don’t learn anything???
Does any of this sound familiar? You have come to the right place! I spent weeks and weeks researching, planning, ordering catalogs, drinking coffee, taking notes, and ordering more catalogs. I was searching for the perfect, “one size fits all”, doesn’t cost as much as a small car, curriculum that would work for all 3 of my children. I don’t think that was too much to ask…right? Guess what? I never found exactly what I was looking for…that’s not to say that it isn’t out there somewhere…I just never found it. SO, I decided to take matters into my own hands and put together a curriculum that fit our needs, focused on my kids’ areas of interests, and didn’t force us to live on PB&J’s for the year. I am here to help you do the same!
I am excited to share our journey with you…and hope that you can find lots of ideas to use with your own children! Here are just a few of the topics I can’t wait to share with you:
- I will introduce you to some amazing books, provide book reviews, and projects or lessons from the books
- We will learn about art and artists through hands on art projects, art history units, and integrating art across many subjects
- We will take adventures through our new home-state of Florida, we will learn about Florida history, the beaches, the animals and nature…and of course…Disney!
- We will learn about different countries and their food, customs, and art!
- Weekly hands on science experiments!
- Homeschooling tips, tricks, and support!
- Product reviews
- I will share ways that you can plan fun, engaging, and exciting units without breaking the bank!
Let me finish off by letting you know a little bit about ME! My name is Kelly, and I am a Mama to 3 adorable kiddos…Gracie is 10, Sophia is 8, and Max is 6. I am married to an insanely smart structural engineer named Chris. We just packed up our life in NH and moved to the beautiful state of Florida. We live on the Gulf Coast and love to spend as much time at the beach as we can. Here are just a few fun facts about me:
1.) In addition to homeschooling, I am a Team Leader with Usborne Books & More. I am book obsessed…I love the way they feel in my hands, the sound they make when you open them for the first time, even the way they smell!
2.) We are a Disney obsessed family…you may even find a Disney based lesson or two
3.) I LOVE strong coffee…and coffee mugs…especially Disney mugs…see #2
4.) I have my Master’s degree in Education
5.) I love traveling and exploring new places
Thank you for stopping by Homeschool By The Beach! I look forward to getting to know you! Please feel free to contact me anytime at: email@example.com